Shads Experimental-Scraps Shads Experimental-Scraps

Nice stuff Shadling

Love your stuff man. Nice mix of interesting concept drawings. Some of them are pretty darn good and have a lot of detail in them. Great music as a backdrop and it's quite easy to navigate through all of the pictures. I'm sure you'll keep the great work coming.

Gravitee Wars Gravitee Wars

Great physics game

-The game really does have a lot going for it. Graphically it's pretty simple so it doesn't destroy computers to play. The gravity mechanic is very unique especially when you go for the 4X multiplier award. Usually I hate turn-based games but the simplicity of the turns is what keeps me interested. There's no intricate menus to sort through but instead just simply picking a weapon and a victim. The music is repetitive but it's a good soundtrack still.

-This game has a sense of humor with the zany ways they all celebrate when they succeed. The AI is actually surprisingly smart and often does some really ridiculous kills. At the same time though, it's hilarious when they mistakenly blow themselves out of bounds, into shields and into the sun. That almost gives it the feeling as if you're playing against a real person. Value-wise the game has it all. 25 levels is ample if you want to kill some time and that doesn't include getting all the gold medals/awards/rewards.

Epic Combo! Epic Combo!

Great time waster

What is there to say really? I wouldn't consider this a guilty pleasure, but a massive addiction! I can't believe combos could go on for so long that I hit a few proxy bombs and laid my game with pretty much everything, and after coming back from getting a drink, my 30,000 combo was just ending. A great game to kill time but isn't anything groundbreaking.

Closure. Closure.

Great Game

The beauty of the noise as the music, the subtle images in the background, and the revealing of the overall plot at the end was incredibly superb. It's abstract, yet solid, and is a true work of art. The lack of a HUD, and the subtlety of it all really sets it apart from everything else. The credits were tastefully done, and the lack of a need for an "Instructions" page was very good design. There was no HUD, no big punishment or worry about dying, and no story or lengthy text being shoved down your throat. There is a mystery about what's truly happening to the main character as you play, but it can be ignored if you really don't want to care. This game didn't call itself a "must play", and the modesty really makes me like this game more. Everything about this game was done perfectly. The puzzles were great, the design and visuals were immaculate, and the sound was spot-on. This is definitely one of the best games I've ever played on NG. Excellent work, to all of the people involved.

Pico Blast Pico Blast

Fun game, could have been longer

-This game is just so much fun, very reminiscient of Metal Slug, right down to the part where you're falling through the air shooting at a big disgusting boss creature. Controls were very easy to get used to, and weapon pick ups were varied and great. I didn't really want to change weapons after I got the tri-missile launcher though, so it was annoying having flame thrower and laser pick ups appear that I had to avoid.

-I think I could have been better with a larger level before the epic boss fights though, it would have been good to explore more of the train yard taking out bad guys/making your way through disused carriages and what not. Still, that boss fight was big and brash and brilliant so it's kinda understandable that you focused on that!

Cave of Wonders Cave of Wonders

A little too easy

Overall, this is a good game. The animation is smooth and the concept of beating on a giant Luis is pretty funny. It's not super long or anything, but that's not necessarily a bad thing, as this is a quick yet enjoyable play. There really aren't any apparent flaws with this game, so I'd overall call it a success. However, I am a little disappointed by the addition of extra lives and checkpoints. The game wasn't that hard to begin with! I realize that this was a way to appease the masses but a challenge would of been more fun than breezing through the game.

Red Moon Red Moon

Good Game

The graphics were simple, but good. The animation was a bit skippy, but that's to be expected with frame-by-frame animation. The facial expressions seemed a bit... simple, in comparison with everything else. If those few points were refined then I think it'd be one of the best looking games on here. The gameplay was simple but effective. I found myself just cornering enemies and button-bashing them to death (or just hitting them off of cliffs) more often than not - I hardly ever used the power attack. I think with a bit more depth, the combat would be more enjoyable. The platforming side of things was extremely simple, though it was enjoyable. It was a bit annoying at times, when I'd jump and the character would hit into the underside of a platform when it clearly wouldn't have hit it. Again, with more refining it would be more enjoyable. Overall, a good game

Achievement Unlocked 2 Achievement Unlocked 2

Such are achievements

-Achievements are perhaps one of the ultimate examples of operant conditioning. You've beaten the game and (if you're honest with yourself) gotten all of the fun out of it that is to be had. But you discover that there are achievements left to get. So you play it again. And again. And again until you get them. The fun is gone, but you keep at it just so you can get that endorphin rush that comes from the positive feedback that is achievements.

-The best games use achievements to further the normal gameplay. When you beat a level, you get an achievement. But more and more, games are starting to use achievements to arbitrarily lengthen their game. Achievement Unlocked 2 satires this wonderfully by creating a game with no other point than to complete a completely arbitrary set of objectives, unlocking an achievement for each one, until you finish them all and can end the game.

-Unfortunately, this creates a problem: the game itself is unbearably frustrating at times. So much so that there's a walkthrough built in, and even an achievement for going to look at it. Still, I guess that's part of the charm. I guess the lesson is that you have to break a few eggs to make an omelette.

LARRY: Pup Run LARRY: Pup Run

Great time waster

I enjoyed it quite thoroughly. It essentially was a much larger time waster than what it originally might have set out to be. The graphics were solid and everything was detailed to what it would be expected to be. Nothing stood out artistically, but nothing was really meant to either. The game itself was fun to play, addictive and had just the right amount of graphical quality to it. The music was also a very nice part to it too. Of course the premise was totally insane and wacky, the game itself really kept you from noticing it, and like I said, there really wasn't anything that someone wouldn't like in this submission. My favorite of the Larry mini-games.

LARRY: Big Dipper LARRY: Big Dipper

Fun game but somewhat frustrating

One of the better mini-games on newgrounds. I thought the music matched the atmosphere and the look on the character's face perfectly, however the sound effect for hitting rocks seemed a bit off. The progress bar on the right hand side was a nice addition and the ability to mute the sound was appreciated. The character movement looks very smooth but like people have said the controls are a bit sensitive. It can be frustrating when going between two boulders and trying to make finer adjustments sends you into one or both of them.

Maybe you could include an explanation for the scoring system in the top right corner and the consequences of hitting the different colored boulders, as these weren't immediately apparent. Also making the powerups different objects instead of just colored circles would have made them a bit more interesting and easier to distinguish apart.